Friday, September 14, 2007

our GLORY

Jeremiah 2: 11 b-13, "...But My people have changed their Glory for what does not profit. Be astonished, O heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid; Be very desolate,' says the LORD. 'For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, and hewn themselves cisterns--broken cisterns that can hold no water."

When I first read this this morning, I had like all of this stuff I wanted to say...but now I'm not sure. I think it really speaks for itself. It's such an incredible word-picture. We have forsaken God (the fountain of living waters) for other gods (cisterns, tanks-that don't produce water, and can hold no water). At least, that is my interpretation. If you have another, I would love to hear it!! You should read Jeremiah 2 and reflect via comments. :-) But yeah, I'm not sure all of the context and what Jeremiah is exactly describing, but it talks a lot about turning to other gods and the worthlessness of it all.

This is a good video that's kind of of related to that. Watch it and let me know what you think. Just to let you know, it gets a little intense toward the end.


LORD, please strengthen us (and hear the prayers of our hearts).

No comments: