Sunday, September 16, 2007

we blind ourselves

I feel so WEIRD. I'm packing now. It's actually pretty miraculous...I will have everything packed (for the most part, I might need to repack at the end) like 9 days before I leave! Crazy.

But, I just feel so weird. It's the:
packing-up-and-leaving,
reminiscing-but-wanting-to-get-rid-of-stuff,
wishing-that-you-hadn't-gotten-rid-of-some-things,
realizing-you're-moving-to-a-foreign-land,
hitting-reality-that-you-aren't-going-to-see-friends&family-for-a-while.
strange feeling.

I take so much for granted. People, relationships, time. And then when it comes down to the wire I wonder what I did that was worthwhile. I mean, I know there were worthwhile things...but there were definitely not-worthwhile things. Like, the record-breaking amount of time I spent on my computer. Hmm.

I don't know. I'm just so continually amazed at how we 1) blind ourselves/lose touch with reality, 2) fight/rebel for the things that hurt us the most, 3) think that this is all there is.

I'm guilty.

But, I'm really excited to go to Georgia. Starting to get a little nervous. A little sad. Feeling like it can't possibly happen for reals. But living (sometimes) in my far off dream land of Georgia.

Oh geeze...it's 4:50am and I haven't slept yet. I'm supposed to go to Ephrata today for church, but I don't think that I'm going to make it in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow,
so much of what you said describes me too. Except the moving to the foreign land and not seeing friends and family for a while (I won't see you but that's about it).
I'm guilty too.
anyway, have a good time in ephrata