Wednesday, September 05, 2007

light camping

The LORD is my light and salvation, whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life, whom shall I fear?
When evil men advance,
When enemies attack,
Though war is breaking out,
Even then I will be confident.
The LORD is my light and salvation, whom shall I fear?

This is a psalm that I made into a song (I guess they already were songs), and I'm sort of trying to make a few songs out of different parts of it. So, here's part one. You can click on the link to go to my music page and listen if you'd like to!

Psalm 27 (part 1)

I'm "camping" right now. I use that word subjectively because I have electricity in my tent (which means a lamp and a computer), there's wireless internet all over the campground, I'm 15 steps away from bathrooms with running water and showers, and my parents are sleeping 10 feet away in an RV equipped with most things you'd have at home. So you know what I mean.

But hey, I'm not complaining.

A quick change of topic: I'm struggling with ME. I'm so focused on myself and my problems and struggles and weaknesses and worries, that I'm forgetting other people, and losing concern for them, and not be very actively loving. I don't want to be like that! Life is about relationships. It's not good how easy it is to get caught up in the constant race for more, and lose the right priorities. How many of you understand me?! LORD, please free me from myself.

I'll be here until Monday.

Oh, by the way: 21 days.

No comments: