Thursday, September 27, 2007

an update! I'm here in Georgia

Hello all! I have finally arrived in Georgia, after 22 hours of traveling! My departure was a lot different than the last time I went to Georgia (in June 2006). Back then I cried for for like 5 hours before I left for the airport, I cried all the way to the airport, I cried as I was going through the security checkpoint...and then experienced other things...like short layovers (=me totally stressed out, first time flying overseas alone!), lost baggage and so on (but God really showed that He was taking care of me!).

But this time, everything went really well. I had no problem saying goodbye, and no problems with baggage or boarding passes or layovers, and I was a lot more relaxed than when I flew to Georgia that last time. But I did have a new experience...when I was on the plane from San Francisco to Munich (11 hours) my legs and my feet started to swell! Eek! I guess it's sort of normal for some people, but it's never happened to me before. I can still feel that they are a little swollen, but I'm sure it will go down in the next couple of days!

As far as being back in Georgia...it's so strange, but not at the same time. It's like, it's still totally familiar to me (I'm staying at the same place I stayed before), but I can still tell that I went some time without being here. But...I don't know. It's feels like some crazy time paradox or something, but I'm sure when I sleep more and eat some food I will be able to sort out my brain a little better. :-)

I can tell that God is already stretching me! On the flight from Munich to Tbilisi, I really started questioning why I was going to Georgia, was I even supposed to go, and blah blah blah (spiritual hypochondriac stuff)...and I know that it's not quite over. I just can tell that I'm not going to get a break in growing and changing and being refined (which really is okay), and I hope that I'm able to receive it better this time. More quickly. Without less rebellion..you know!

So, please be praying for whatever you think needs to be prayed for, that I've mentioned here in this email or that the Holy Spirit has put on your heart. And please pray for our YWAM base here in Georgia. There are some new ministries starting, old ones changing, more organization being put into place...and a bunch of humans trying to work together and allow God to work through us!

I'd better go and start unpacking...or maybe sleep (it's 4:47am here!). Thank you for all of your prayers and encouraging words and support and love!

No comments: