Monday, September 03, 2007

one-hundred

So, we made it back from our road trip just fine. We drove through all 3 states on Saturday (California, Oregon, Washington) and it was good to be home. It's good to be cold! While we were in Southern California, it reached the 100s each day... totally ridiculous man! But I really learned a lot about friendship and about myself. Stuff (attitudes) that I thought were gone out my character, flared up again. By the strength of God, I pushed through things I didn't want to push through. I had an adventure, which is exactly what I wanted...but maybe it didn't come in the form I was exactly expecting. Overall, it was a great trip and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go. And yes, I still love them ... and I think they still love me. :-)

In other news: I've posted over 100 times! It just seems like a lot!

And in other other news: I leave for Georgia THIS month. I think it's kind of funny, before I went last time, I started counting down from like 55 days. And now I'm like, "oh I'm leaving soon...blah blah blah". But I'm really excited to go. And it's really hard to leave at the same time. I'm a little nervous--when I was leaving Georgia to come back to the States, I was really excited...and it was good for like a week, and then things started to get really rough and I wasn't so happy. And I don't want that to happen when I go to Georgia this time. I don't want to go and have my hopes disappointed. I guess that's why we should put our hope in the Lord, He will never disappoint us, I know it's true.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart you. I am glad you had fun on your trip and may the Lord be with you as your travels continue.

Your good friend in Illinois.