Wednesday, July 25, 2007

the new and the old

I had a really good quiet time this morning. It was the first time in a long time that I've been able to organize my thoughts in a concise and meaningful way. A lot of my journal entries lately (maybe similar to many of my blog entries lately) have been really random and NOT to the point, always skirting around the edge. But it was really relieving/satisfying to be able to "sort it out" on a page.

And this is one of my thoughts that I began to realize. When I finished DTS, I was all for living as the "new Jenni" and not the "old Jenni". And when I came back to the States, I was all for it, and terribly afraid of falling into my old ways. I did. And that's why I need a Redeemer. But that's not my main point here. My main point is that after a while, even the new becomes old.

Even the new becomes old.

My first evening back at home (April 20th)

God is not taking me through all that I've been going through these past 3 months, so that I can be the person I was 3 months ago. He wants me to be more holy. More refined. More like Him. And I need to be striving for that. If I thought my post-DTS attitude/character/life was good, then I'd better expect that God is going to do even better things...because He is STILL working on me.

And I'm trying to get a good grip on Him.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi jenni!
Wow, that makes a lot of sense. What's cool is I think it applies to everyone to some extent. Or at least to me. Thanks for sharing that.

Te said...

God Bless you Jenni :) i'll be glad to meet you in September :)