Friday, July 27, 2007

yemen

So, the funniest thing happened today.

Me and my friend Maria went to Subway to get dinner, and the man making our sandwiches looked hispanic, so I greeted him by saying, "Hola!" He then proceeded to inform me that he was not, in fact, hispanic. And so I proceeded to ask which nationality he was. He wouldn't tell me directly, but turned it into a game: "If you can guess which country I'm from, then I will give you a free sandwich." Of course I wanted a free sandwich, so I started to guess. "Philippines! Malaysia! Indonesia!" and on and on, but I wasn't getting it. So we persuaded him to give us a hint. "My nationality starts with M and ends with T". I was racking my mind to think of what it could be, but nothing was coming. We then persuaded him to give us another hint, and he said "Okay...the name of my country starts with Y."

"YEMEN!!", I shouted.

And alas, I was correct. And we did indeed get a free sandwich. And it was rather thrilling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what was his nationality though? MMMMM....
Mexicant? myement?