Wednesday, July 11, 2007

attachment to the wrong fears

Tomorrow...or well, today (shoot)...when I wake up in the morning, it's "NO COMPUTER DAY"! Yay!

I think I can, I think I can.

It's pretty ridiculous how ATTACHED we become to things that didn't even exist earlier in our lives. Cell phones, computers, video games. It's really crazy I tell you.

So I found out today that Daniel is getting moved (to wherever he is going) like tomorrow (today) and it's also crazy. It's a good thing, it's just there is so much change. So much.

I didn't do very well today with thinking on what is true, pure and lovely. I hate it, but I so get caught up in impressing people (AKA fear of man) and it's so frustrating. SO frustrating. I even wrote myself a letter (when I was in Georgia, at the end of DTS) and I just got the letter in the mail yesterday (my leaders mailed it to me) and I even wrote in there: "Fear God, not man. Fear of man is a trap." And it totally is, and I'm totally pretty stuck in it.

There is so much I need to give up to God, but I want to hold onto it so tightly. Well, I think that I gave a lot of it up today, but that doesn't mean I won't take it back. I wish that it did mean that I won't take it back, but it doesn't.

Lord, please unstick me.

No comments: