Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Khulo & Bodbe

I've been running like crazy.

Khulo was awesome. It really felt like home, people were still welcoming, there was still mud, I wore rubber boots...I loved it. And it was a lot warmer than before, which was nice. We also were able to hand out Operation Christmas Child gifts to some of the kids at one of the schools, and it was really cool. I cried a little bit. And I realized how God really sees all of us the same. With a heck of a lot of love in His heart.



And then this last Saturday we visited an orphanage about 2 1/2 hours away from Tbilisi, called Bodbe. It's specifically for kids with mental disabilities...but there were also a lot of children who were perfectly normal. But I LOVED IT. I cannot explain it to you. The kids were wonderful and loving and warm and I just wanted to like hug them forever. It's not a super-nice place, but the ladies who work there to take care of the kids really love them and it's evident, and I think it does a lot for their (kids) mental state. We played games, talked about the life of Jesus and really gave as much love as we could. I want to go back. I want to take them!








But I've been having a great time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jenni. u r right, it was great time in my life too. we will go again, isnt it?? ;-)

Unknown said...

It is really interesting to read your stories. I enjoyed it.