Tuesday, April 10, 2007

cable-car

THE CABLE-CAR

So, when we were in Khulo this last month, we heard that the cable car had been shut-down.

You want to know why? Because the cable is too weak, and it could break anytime.

This is the same cable car that we went on TWICE just in December. And it's the same cable car that stopped half-way in the middle (did I mention it's like the 2nd highest one in Europe or something) because the power went out--but we didn't know that, we thought we were going to die. Seriously. One girl like instantly fell to the floor because she was so scared. I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest. Others were like, "oh my goodness...oh my goodness...oh my goodness" and then we started singing worship songs and declaring that we weren't going to die in that cable car. And then a couple minutes later the power came back on and everything was okay.

But I still can't believe they shut it down so soon after we went on. Like, it could have broken with us in it, but it didn't. God protected us and I am really glad. And I'm really glad that nobody else got hurt on it either. SERIOUSLY MAN. :-)

Some pictures from Khulo: December 2006

yay for rubber boots!



villages can make you a little crazy




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni. i like ur stories, especially abt cable-car :). life is funny. xo?????????

Unknown said...

Good pictures. Hey, I wish you were here... I am about to cry. :-((