Wednesday, April 29, 2009

revelation and khinkali

I'm very tired, it's much too late... but I've accomplished much! Newsletter written, emails replied. Very good.

These days I'm really seeing a part of my character that I hadn't seen for a while/thought had maybe gone-- just this intense insecurity and at the same time hunger to get affirmation from the people around me. These things produce horrible "fruit" and it's emotionally hard to work through this time. But I really believe I'm having the chance to see these things now so that I can WORK on them with God (in whatever form that takes, I have no clue as of yet). So, I'm glad to have another character-building opportunity, but I'm reminded that character-building is super painful and quite treacherous-- and totally worthwhile.

I made khinkali this weekend with my friend Diana's mom. It was fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni,
Taking a minute here to let you know I think of you often and pray for you.I just wanted to send you my love and sorry I have not written in so long.I hope that a little "hi" here sent with a hug will warm you.
Love,
Susan A