Sunday, April 12, 2009

protests - panduris - psalms

It's a cold Easter morning here in Tbilisi. Well, actually it's only Easter morning if you have a Western mindset. Because actually in Georgia (and I think all of orthodox Eastern Europe) they celebrate Easter next weekend.

Nothing has really been happening with the protests-- they are still protesting, but it hasn't become violent or invaded all of Tbilisi. It's mostly centered downtown around the parliament building. But they have stated that they're going to start blocking main roads and such, I just haven't seen it/experienced it yet.

"...the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, on those whose HOPE is in His unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in HOPE for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even AS WE PUT OUR HOPE IN YOU." Psalm 33:18-22

"The LORD reigns forever; He has established His throne for judgement. He will judge the world in righteousness; He will govern the peoples with justice. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know Your name will trust in You, FOR YOU, LORD, HAVE NEVER FORSAKEN THOSE WHO SEEK YOU." Psalm 9:7-10

Some good news, I will have my extended visa/"resident card" on Monday! It was a little hard to track it down at first, but thanks to Georgia's relationship-based culture and my super helpful landlady who works for the government-- I found the right office and made the next step in my application process, and will be able to pick it up on Monday. Phew... the only slightly less exciting news is that it's only for one year (I was thinking it could be for more because it's the second time I've applied)... but one year is better than none, especially when you're already "illegal" because the 3 month visa stamp in your passport has run out...

Also good news, I received MY panduri yesterday! It's handmade and beautiful. I will allow you to share in the beauty as soon as I have a chance to take some pictures. PLUS, I'm learning some more songs!

I love Georgia.

No comments: