Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring, I like you very much

I spent the weekend in Lagodekhi, a village in the Kakheti region of Georgia, with one of our DTS students, Tamila. I had a GREAT time. It was so beautiful and green, there were tons of farm animals and I saw many new things! And it was just awesome. I've got a ton of pictures, but haven't had time to sort through them yet... but I will.

We're going into the 7th week of DTS, just 5 more to go until outreach-- crazy! But I think it really helps having lecture phase during this time, because now it's becoming more Springlike weather and the sun really helps to boost morale. Really. And I think it will be good to have outreach during summer too... less to pack, or at least smaller things to pack (instead of big winter boots and sweaters and jackets-- done that. And worse, winter clothes and spring clothes for Spring outreach...). So, I'm feeling good.

God is great, and that is an understatement. I'm continually amazed these days that He teaches us so much (when we are seeking Him for answers). I mean, He's God, why would He need or care to spend time teaching us Truth? But He does, and it blows my mind. And what blows my mind even more is that He actually likes us and sees that we're valuable and blesses us so much through the creation around us and by making us the people we are with such amazing gifts and talents and beauty. It's really incredible.

I've seen that it's been pretty popular in the "Christian world" to think that everything in this life is meaningless or not important, but I honestly am beginning to think that it's exactly that-- meaningful and important. There are so many beautiful things in this life, and I think that it's really a gift from God. And I'm really seeking to learn how to enjoy it and to pass some of that joy on to others!

No comments: