Wednesday, May 06, 2009

time-management

I'm such a ridiculous (and normal) person: these days I don't have a lot of time outside of DTS (Discipleship Training School... if you don't know what I'm talking about, look here) and I come home and spend FOUR HOURS on the computer. Of course I was doing various useful things. Watching Happy Slip videos, learning how to play "Unchained Melody" on the guitar for Tony & Lali's wedding, checking out the Facebook idol competitors and making top 5 lists on Facebook too, feeling guilty for wasting so much time on something that is so not satisfying in the end AND STILL continuing on... for example, like NOW.

4:25:30. I'm grateful for my little time counter thing in my Firefox browser. And at the same time a little put-off by it's truth.

Think of how many things I could have done in that time...
• Paint a picture
• Organize my external harddrive (that is computer related too... but is actually work needing to be done)
• Go to BED
• Read a book or two
• Sweep/Mop my bedroom and if feeling ambitious, entire apartment
• Plan some cool activity for our DTS students
• Take out my summer clothes and pack away my really wintery ones
• Put clothes in the washing machine
• Paint my nails
• Eat some matsoni
• Play panduri
• The list is probably endless....

Lord, please teach me time-management skills.

2 comments:

Warwick Tomlinson said...

I have just found your blog. I am a youth pastor in New Zealand and of course anything where youth are touching peoples life directly to make a difference makes me sit up and listen.

Praise God that you are willing to follow where he prompts you

Simon said...

Hya Jenni, I finally managed to hook up to the net. Nice to see your blog. How's the DTS going? Well I'm sure you'll be havinmg fun. I didn't realise you were a missionary-ette, in fact I didn't know they existed :) Hope things stay calm over there. God bless and keep going.
Simon