Monday, April 06, 2009

this is a good post

Oh my goodness! I feel like I just don't have enough time for all the things that I need to do... even shower and sleep! I know that in general I have pretty laid-back work, but I'm feeling a little stressed right now.

This last week I wasn't in lectures for the last 3 days. Partly because they were in another place quite a ways away + I had already been in that teaching (although it would not have hurt me to hear it again.. it was about working with traumatized children)... but also because I was trying to figure out my visa stuff (it's still not ready, not sure what's happening.. ) and I was sick too (am still...)... so maybe I feel stressed now because I got used to not being in lectures and such....

But anyways, good news... Spring is coming!!!


And also, this weekend I began learning how to play the panduri, it's a Georgian instrument! Check out the video to see!



And I like it SO much! It's been my dream to learn, and now it's beginning to be fulfilled!

Also today we (Dennis, Diana, me and our teacher for the week) went to this super small village, Khikhani. There are somewhere around 150-300 people. Generally Muslim population. They've been moved there by the Georgian government from the Adjara region (which is way on the other side of Georgia). In this village there's not much to do and it's out in the middle of nowhere. Anyways, the reason we were there is because one of the girls that we met on our outreach in Khulo (when I was a DTS student forever ago) moved there like 2 months ago. Diana ran into this girl at the Vagzal/Bazaar (which is a huge place and not so easy to run into people) and hadn't seen her since we were on outreach there... and we just thought it was very coincidental... so we were checking it all out as a potential location for this school's outreach.

Diana and I with Darina (on my right in black shirt) and her family.

Anyways, we still don't know for sure what will happen... but we are praying and seeking.

Our students are lovely (as usual). I've been tired + feeling a lack of inspiration and energy-- but am realizing that God has all the inspiration and energy I need... but I need to seek after Him. So, I'm beginning to learn more what that means. And at the same time am learning what it means to trust His love and acceptance when I'm doing nothing (especially nothing "spiritual"). And that love and acceptance causes me to want to be more pleasing to Him. It's an interesting and beautiful thing, eh.

On our way to visit Anna's (in black coat on left) church.


Singing in Anna's church.

1 comment:

Depht said...

Great post! We featured this on our website: http://www.faithtelegraph.com. Blessings, Mark.