Thursday, December 25, 2008

take me

I'm feeling contemplative.
Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee
Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love

Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee
Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only for my King

Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee
Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold

Take my moments and my days
Let them flow in endless praise
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose

Take my will and make it Thine
It shall be no longer mine
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne

Take my Love, my Lord I pour
At the feet of it's treasure store
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee
You know, it's such a strange thing to think of asking God to take all of these things: my life, my hands, my feet, my voice, my lips, my silver & my gold, my moments & my days, my intellect, my will, my heart, my love and myself. It's so bitter in a sense, beyond words--at least in this situation. Because it would take me a very long time to catch you all up on what is happening on the inside of me relating to each and everyone of these aforementioned nouns.

But at the same time, I feel this really sweet comfort even at the thought of asking Him to take all of this. Really warm. And I (at this moment) really want to surrender this all to the One who gave us all these things in the first place.

And I believe.

Frances R. Havergal
This lady wrote this poem/hymn, and here's a little information about her life. It's a kind of long, but definitely interesting.

2 comments:

megat said...

your blog very beautiful and more info,I like your blog

Keylade said...

That definitely make you think about this in a different light! both of how far I need to change and also how far I have come! Thanks for sharing, it was what I needed to hear.