Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

My brother is going to propose to his girlfriend tonight at church.

There is a lot of snow.

I knit a scarf really fast yesterday night + like 20 minutes this morning.

Tonight for dinner I made dolma from grape leaves (meat wrapped in grape leaves). They're still cooking, I hope they turn out okay.

At church I'm going to sing, "O Holy Night".

I made contact with my birth father's family, talked to my grandma and some of my aunts and Uncles. They say that I look a lot like my father, which is so strange to hear. I spend my life not looking like anyone in my family, then I find out I do look like someone whom I've never met. It's not bad, just really really strange. I also found some letters from when he was alive, and in one he wrote to my mother that he would take full responsibility for "his child". That would be me. They weren't married when she got pregnant, and I think they broke up shortly after. But he still wanted to take responsibility for me. My grandma, aunts and uncles all said that he was a really nice guy (my father). Soft-spoken, liked to help people.

I also found out that my Grandma is pretty cool. She's full-blooded German named Hannelore. She's 70, and she works full-time at Walmart on the night shift. I'm pretty impressed.

Tonight at church, I'm going to sing "Away in a Manger" too, accompanied by the auto-harp. It's the same song, same accompanying instrument and same accompanist as the last time I sang that song at church when I was 8 and my birth mother was still alive.

I've got lots of thoughts. Lots of different feelings. Trying to filter them all through the Truth of who God is and not become overwhelmed.

2 comments:

Keylade said...

Jenni, you are such an amazing lady! I'm so thankful to call you my friend. Seeing you has been such a blessing to me, as I have watch the Lord work in your life and watched you listen and obey, some would call it a miracle, but I think we are all miracles. When we hear from the Lord and obey His commands we grow closer to what He has called us to each be. May He continue to speak, mold, stretch, grow, change, adjust, tweek, and make you more and more like His Son Jesus. I love you and I truly count it a privilege to call you my friend! Merry Christmas to you and your given and chosen family!

~Susan~

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas dear Jeniko :)