Friday, December 12, 2008

stinging nettles and sushi

You would not believe how much food I ate today. This is the fullest I've been in a long time. And I feel bittersweet about it. Part of me is like, "It's okay that you ate like 80 pieces of sushi because they don't have sushi in Georgia". And the other part of me is like, "I hope you don't make this a habit again, because your Mom and Dad did just buy you new clothes for Christmas, and you want to wear them for a long time."

But I also walked like 3 miles with my friend Lauren, around Greenlake today.

You know, I was in the car on my way home and I was talking with another friend about pictures and keeping them and organizing them and everything and then I realized how much of our life centers on this electronic media (and some non-electronic)--pictures. And then I thought,"what are the pros and cons of the abundance of pictures and the ability to take such real pictures?" For some reason I felt like it was a really like intellectual thought. I mean, what if the fact that we can see such real pictures of places that we've never seen in real life like somehow cheapens that amazing thing...? But then again, I love looking at pictures. The other day I was in University Bookstore and I spent like probably 30 minutes looking through this book of National Geographic pictures, and was just completely enamored.

Okay, I guess my intellectualness is done now.

Oh! I'm taking Freeze Dried Nettle Leaf supplements now, it's supposed to help my allergies (if I even have allergies). But it seems so wacky to me to be ingesting something that is so physically painful when you touch it. Unless there is a difference between stinging nettle and just plain nettle. But I'm assuming there's not.

No comments: