Monday, September 28, 2009

jjjenni and the wwwindmill

Hey everyone!

So I'm still alive and well in Holland. :-)

Classes have started and we just today really got into it. We're reading through the whole Bible in these 3 months, so we have specific Bible reading days and today was one of those. Me and the 2 other people in my English speaking group read the books out-loud and then afterwards we answer questions. Also, before we read the book, we have these little introductions to each book that give us more information about when it was written, to whom, etc. So, so far today we've read: 1&2 Thessalonians, 1&2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, James, Ephesians, Colossians and we will read 1&2 Corinthians tonight. And I'm pretty sure there is something that I left out. It's pretty intense, but I'm sure it will only increase in intensity... like when we read 1&2 Kings and it will supposedly take 6+ hours...!!!

I have a great roommate named Sonja from Germany. We get along really well! And I just really like all the people in my school, students and staff.

The weather has been really really beautiful this last week (I've been here for a week already!), but unfortunately it looks like it's going to get colder and possibly rainy. :-( But I'm grateful for the nice weather we've had. :-)

Well, here's like one of the only pictures that I've taken since I've been in Holland... I know that's pretty lame. But you wouldn't believe how hard it is to take pictures when you're riding a bike....


It's Jenni and a giant windmill!! This is the first Dutch windmill that I've ever seen in my entire life that was not on a coloring page or in some cultural Christmas pamphlet thing. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice!

I am very happy to hear things are going excellent, albeit challenging. Challenging is always a good thing. It takes iron to sharpen iron!

Keep up the keeping up.

Cora said...

Too cool. I have never seen a true windmill in person that would be neat, it looks HUGE!

Anonymous said...

hello Jeniko :) magari gogo xar :) gkocni