Monday, September 07, 2009

dun dun dun

Well, I'll be heading off to a University of the Nations (www.uofn.edu) conference in Kiev in just about an hour. There will be... 8 of us from the Youth With a Mission Tbilisi base, and 5 of the 8 are Georgians!! That is a first for us! So I'm pretty excited. There will be about 500 people there. So I guess that makes me a little nervous too (I sometimes can be really awkward in large social settings). But I'm trying not to think about it. My latest received advice about that problem: "Just focus on the other person"... so that's what I'll be trying to do!

Also some good news about Holland, it looks like I WILL be going! I've talked with a few people and it looks like I will have enough support coming in to buy a plane ticket, pay for my rent in Georgia while I'm gone, and begin saving up to pay the course fee. So that's actually quite a miracle. Because I went from probably not going to pretty much yes going in like 2 days. Over $2000 raised in 2 days. That would be God's work.

So I'm excited about that, but am foreseeing that it will be a very stressful time for me when I get back from Kiev. I'll have just one more week in Georgia to get my plane ticket, pack up my bedroom, pack for Holland, finish whatever responsibilities I need to, etc. and then leave. So you can be praying for me if you think about it.

:-)

Well, off I go on another adventure!

I love my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And of course, all is well! I love to read stories about how things always work out no matter the incredible odds.

Whenever it happens to me, it really just affirms how much I am where God wants me to be.

...Oh, and I guess you should feel that way too.

Wade and Megan said...

Awesome, Jenni! God is amazing! He provided the funds and He'll take care of all those other details too...no worries! Enjoy your trip to Kiev!