Monday, September 14, 2009

i love

I HAVE MY PLANE TICKET TO HOLLAND.

not that i'm excited or anything... or maybe I AM!!!!!!!

So that's some great news to share with you! Really, it's a miracle. Just like a couple of weeks ago I thought that maybe I wouldn't go-- but now I have a plane ticket. I really see through this God's power and active-ness in our lives and concerns. He is really amazing. Thank you Lord for leading me and helping me to this Bible school in Holland!!

Also as I was walking downtown today post-ticket-buying, I saw some of my street kids from the center. They were so sweet!!! And I was super encouraged-- one of the street sellers was telling me how good of kids they were. Once they wanted to buy some earrings but didn't have money at the time, so they sort of took out a "loan" (for a couple of cents) and said they'd bring the money the next day-- and they DID. So this lady was saying how good they were and how much she trusts them, and I was standing there with my arms around them saying how good they were too-- and I think the kids really liked that. People valuing them. And I was filled with so much hope! There are many people who say that these people groups (Kurds&Gypsies) will always be liars and thieves and beggars-- but I can see that they are wrong. These children can change. They can be "normal". They can be respected and show respect. How cool is that. Again, God is pretty amazing. Because He cares. He wants to teach them and help them out of the situation they're in. I absolutely believe that. And I just pray that I really can be a part of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool beans! I love it when people overcome gross generalizations.

Get you some of that!

Cora said...

In Russia they have the same generalizations about the gypsies as they do in Georgia. I always found it very sad and felt bad for the kids who honestly just don't know anything different then begging & stealing. And very few people are willing to teach them! Glad to see someone loves them as much as you do! :)

Awesome how God always comes through even when the feat seems IMPOSSIBLE :)! Have fun in Holland!