Wednesday, March 04, 2009

music

I remember reading on the news the other day, about a study some people were doing on the way music affects behavior. They stated that kids who listened to music that freely talked about certain activities, more frequently participated in those activities in their actual lives (I won't get specific here). And then some other people came along and said that it was too simplistic (or some word like that) to draw a connection between music and behavior.

And I'm thinking like, HELLO... it totally influences.

Music moves people-- that's why they applaud loudly after a band performs an awesome song. That's why they cry when they hear certain lyrics sung to certain melodies. That's why they drive more aggressively/faster when they're listening to an upbeat intense song.

I see it in my own life too. The music I listen to totally affects me and my mood and my thoughts.

I just think it's ridiculous that people would want to deny that fact.

No comments: