Sunday, March 22, 2009

feeling good.

I had an incredibly productive day, and I'm so thankful!

I started feeling a little sick yesterday, but already had plans to go some places and do some things. And I actually was supposed to go somewhere today-- but I called and canceled and decided that I'd stay home all day to really try to rest my mind and body and immune system. And even though I still had a to-do list, I feel quite rested and accomplished.

This is a general idea of what my to-do list was and morphed into throughout the day:

• Sleep in (check)
• Eat something tasty (check)
• Sweep the mile-high piles of dust bunnies off of the floor (check)
• Do a bit of laundry (check)
• Make and eat some pancakes from scratch (check)
• Call Korinne and talk for a ridiculously long period of time (check)
• Write an update for the amazing people that care about you (check)
• Pluck my eyebrows and clip my fingernails (check)
• Perform a miniature facial on yourself (check)
• Read and intake some Truth (check)
• Prepare worship for tomorrow morning at DTS (to do...)
• Prepare a creative teaching explaining why YWAM is all for relationships (to do...)
• Make something cute and creative to encourage the DTS students (to do...)
• Go to bed by 10:30 (something I hope for...)

So, I'm feeling good.

Tomorrow will be the start of the 3rd week of DTS. Seriously, the 3rd week?! But things are going really great. Like I said in my update (that I completed today):

It’s funny (and completely normal at the same time) how I signed up to be DTS staff… but in a way I feel like I’m a DTS student again, for the 3rd time. How does that work? I’m not complaining though… I’m actually really glad to have this continued opportunity and setting through which I can learn more about what it means to follow Jesus-- on the insides of me and also flowing out of my actions and physical being. It’s really something beautiful and painful, and both explainable and inexpressible...I really can see how God is guiding our students--like a Shepherd guiding His sheep with His heart full of sincere love. And I can testify that God really is speaking to us and showing us His active presence and Truth. It’s incredibly exciting and humbling.


1 comment:

Cora said...

I always felt the same way too, like I was going through DTS all over again each time I was on staff. Amazing how many new things you can learn each time!