Saturday, March 14, 2009

free day

I bought a khachapuri this afternoon and it had a big long hair in it. So I took it back to the place and the gave me a new one (which actually surprised me). But it was grroooooossss-- the fact that there was a hair in the first khachapuri, not the new second hair free khachapuri.

Today was my day off. Typically when I picture a day off I think of: sleeping in until 12 or later, maybe spending some time creating something--like painting or making cards or something, also walking outside in the sunny weather, and maybe even cleaning my room. And those were things I was actually looking forward to. But then yesterday I found out that one of the ladies from the street kid center I'm working with, had planned a special program for the kids at her church and they wanted to know if I could come and help. At first I really didn't want to... but I chose to go anyways.

When I walked out of the metro, I was like bombarded by these kids yelling my name, hugging and kissing me, asking where I've been (because I haven't been to the center now for like 2 weeks). That in itself was sweet and rewarding. Then seeing them enjoy their time at the program. And also, I brought one of the DTS students, Tamila, with me-- and she really liked it. AND I was able to set up outreach for our DTS for this next week (working with some refugee kids)... there was a lady there who is doing that now. SO, in the end, I'm really glad that I chose to go!


No comments: