Thursday, February 19, 2009

re-re-responsibility

I have a new title fettish.

We're in the last planning stages for DTS. Actually they feel like the first planning stages, but literally they are the last (we got started a little late on things this year...)! But things are coming along. A month ago we didn't have any students, now we have at least 4 maybe 7. So that's definitely a good change. And our staff has increased from 6 to 9. So things are going quite well actually.

(DTS, by the way is short for Discipleship Training School. It's a program in the organization I work with... if you have no idea what I'm talking about and/or want to get more information, click HERE... no, just kidding. Click here.)

So, today we kind of divided up the responsibilities that running a DTS entails. I've got mine: worship and outreach preparation (and scheduling our weekly outreach locations). I think the worship one is understandable, and the outreach preparation is just getting the students ready to serve in different settings (working with street kids, preparing like testimonies/preachings, and also to kind of prep them for the big outreach at the end of lecture phase).

Anyways, I'm like totally excited about the possibilities of great things that could happen in both of these things I'm responsible for. But I also feel totally like really unable. I realize that I have this problem: I love to have ideas and think of new things, but I struggle so much to bring them into being/action. I think it's partly due to being easily distracted (it can be hard for me to work on one thing for a long time if I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing) and also partly due to laziness (maybe I see that it will take a lot to do what I want, and so I just kind of am lazy and... don't do it).

But none of that is too big or horrible for God to overcome in my character.
And I believe it to be true that God's strength is made perfect in our weakness... and it's my hope that this situation can be a living example of that!

For shizzle.

No comments: