Wednesday, February 18, 2009

r-r-random

I got my hair cut quite short the other day-- I like it. But it donned on me this morning as I was looking in the mirror, that it quite resembles some stylish British boy band hair cut. But I like that it's short. I feel freeeeeeee.

I have a cold and my nose is super plugged (though on the pathway to betterness). I'm tempted to be irritated. But I make a comparison-- LAST WINTER: 5 months of misery with sinus infections and zillions of medicines. THIS WINTER: Glorious health sprinkled with the occasional nose issue here and there. And I deny the temptation to be annoyed, try to get some sleep and go on with my life with joy and thankfulness.

Lastly, somehow my neighbors upstairs have morphed from normal, quiet people into annoying cyborgs with insanely loud voices & TVs & friends who do things like drag furniture back and forth in the same spot directly above my head in the middle of the night. I'm trying to be patient. But thankfully, I have these in-canal ear plugs that are amazing in the fact that they can produce the illusion of solitude and peace when there is, in fact, none. It's helpful. :-)

No comments: