Thursday, November 27, 2008

big cold friends

I had a great time hanging out with some old friends today. I used to fear getting older. Sometimes I still do (well, the physical ailment of it at least). But I think that my life and relationships seem more significant and meaningful than they did before. Maybe this is just the normal thing that comes along with "maturing", and I haven't discovered anything new. But it's okay, I'm not trying to be revolutionary. This is new stuff-- new feelings, new ideas-- for me. And I'm finding much joy in these little revelations.

By the way, I think I had been away from Ephrata for way too long when I was packing my bags (to come here). Because I specifically remember choosing NOT to bring my long underwear or thick tights because, "it would be warmer here". Well, I was wrong on that one. Today I went on a walk with a friend, and after like 15 minutes my thighs were frozen through. Seriously. But I guess I was right in the fact that it's warmer in houses and in my nice, cute little heated car.

Hey guys, God is big. Bigger than you or I can imagine. Of course, there are many logical things about Him. But there are much more than many things about Him that seem completely illogical, and don't make sense. But He's still God. And I am still choosing and going to choose to trust Him.

No comments: