Monday, November 05, 2007

streeee-eee-eee-tching.

I am feeling very stretched in my ability to be friendly and selfless with the people I'm constantly interacting with. God has been teaching me a lot about sharing and patience, and about letting little things that don't really matter go, and stuff like that. But it is very difficult!! Especially right now, because I am tired and emotional (you know how it goes). But I believe it's like it says in James:

"...when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." (James 1:2-4, NLT)

Lord, please give me the strength to be patient and loving, like you are with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Jenni:>)
God really does have you on a journey and it's very evident He has you by the hand.
I love your sharing and I am praying for yor friend who lost her brother.You know I know how that is in my family.
The best "bereavement" response I got in all of it was an honest one-but oh,so comforting.The man just said"I do not know what to say because God has not asked me to go through those waters".I instantly felt comforted because so many said they knew how I felt when they did not or Gave me a truth--at the wrong time.The person's emotions have to go through a time of grief-recognized and walked through with the Lord.Remember-Jesus wept when His friend Lazarus died.
Goin to work now-will be in prayer
Love you

Susan

Anonymous said...

Jenni
Just be a silent comfort for your friend. Sometimes saying nothing and just loving that person is enough. My dear friend just lost her 20 year old son in a plane crash. There is nothing I can say to make it less painful, but just holding her and letting her weep has helped. Take care and praying for your "Mission."
Rita (Julia's Aunt)