Tuesday, November 27, 2007

randomosity

I am so tired right now, but I thought I would write you all a little something.

Did you know that I started to knit? Yup, that's right. Today at the School of Tomorrow (where we teach our conversational English classes), during the break times, Ira and I just sat in our room and knitted. I felt babushka-like (grandmother-like). But you know, I like it. :-)

Speaking of the School of Tomorrow. I left my cell phone there today too! But I think it will be safe and sound until tomorrow.

What else...OH! We had our first snow in Tbilisi on Friday, so like 3 days ago (?), and it was pretty cool. It didn't stick though, just turned into water and mud...but it was still kind of pretty.

I think I'm forgetting English. Today, Ira and I were walking and she said something about "potentinal energy" and I was like, "oh yeah (blah blah blah)"...and THEN I realized that "potentinal" isn't even a word.

And the other day at the "bazroba" (the bazaar/market) I was looking to buy a coat, so we were going from place to place looking and asking for prices. And this one lady saw that I was a foreigner (I think she heard us talking in English) and we asked how much this one coat cost and she was like "120 lari". 120 lari!! Yeah right, it's like way too expensive. So my face made that shocked looked and I was like, "Dzviria!! (it's expensive)" and we ran off to the next place. But the lady yelled after us, "gogoebo (girls!!) 80 lari, 80 lari!!!" So, I guess that's the Georgian way of doing things. Take note of this if you ever want to come to Georgia and buy a coat.

:-)

Okay, Vsio (that's all).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni,
Lari???What's that in dollars??
Enjoyingyour blog.Snow--Hmm!They've been talking about that same thing here--in the lowlands.It is getting COLD!!Your coat sounds warm just talking about it:>)
Off to class
Love Susan