Monday, May 28, 2007

the honest truth

"How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." PSALM 13


You know, it's strange. I remember when I was in high school, I used part of this verse to write a song...but I wasn't really grasping what it meant, I just thought it sounded good.

But I can really say that this is like the prayer of my heart right now.

I was so totally in like "magic land" when I first came to the States, I was having a great time, I was standing firm in the changes God had made in my life. But then I started to loosen up, and be less diligent in spending serious time with Him. Then I was hardly spending any time with Him at all and was letting my will run wild. And now I feel like I'm standing in the midst of a lot of wreckage. And I have a lot of questions. And I feel really hurt. And I can't understand a lot.

But this morning at church we sang a song. Most of the songs I wasn't really worshiping God (because I was thinking about all of this stuff that is taking my joy...or that I'm willingly giving my joy too...), but then we came to that one, "When I Think About the Lord" and I was singing this part:

"It makes me wanna shout, Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! Lord you're worthy of all of the glory, of all of the honor, of all of the praise!"

And as I was singing that part, not really connecting the words flowing from my mouth with the condition of my heart or mind...suddenly SOMETHING clicked. And for a moment I really felt like everything was going to be okay, which is something that I haven't felt for a while.

So, I really hope that is true.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt
matt@wefeelfine.org