Monday, July 03, 2006

nice

Well, it worked!  So, I guess I'll just do this for now.

 

Yesterday I went to Pastor Zaal's church.  It was interesting, but I didn't understand hardly anything they said.   I think the words I did understand were, dzalian which means "very", mich war har which means "I love you" and just things like shen which is like "you" or something like that.   But, even the fact that I could pick out those words is fairly exciting I must say.  Not necessarily miraculous, but exciting.

 

The other day I went to the store to get some food for Korinne and on the way home I stopped at one of the little bread shops where they make the traditional (at least I think it's traditional) Georgian bread.   The word for one is "erti" and so, I was like, "uhh...er..erti" and the guy was so nice!  He was like, "pooree, erti pooree" (which means one bread or something).   Anyway, the moral of that story was I guess just to tell you, but also to say that I really like the Georgians who try to help you learn the language and who are just plain nice.

 

Yesterday also, I helped lead worship with Dennis at the "Tbilisi International Fellowship".   It's basically like a church full of foreign missionaries, although there are a few Georgians that come.  I like it.  And the room we meet in has air conditioners, which is FANTASTIC.

 

We're (the Holts and I and one other DTS student) leaving to go to Batumi (a town on the Black Sea) tomorrow.  It should be fun.  It's sort of like a vacation thing I guess, but we are planning on meeting with some church leaders or something, to advertise the DTS.  We'll be gone until Friday.  Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to post pictures on here, but by using email like I am right now.

 

Well, I'd better go eat breakfast.  The oatmeal is calling me name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni!!! I'm so glad that you are doing so well in Georgia. You are such an encouragement to me. I know that God is doing great things through you... thank you for being open to His call. I love you and miss you!

Melissa said...

Bless you Jenni! The verse on your blog is this today:Psalm 71: 16-18

"With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of Your righteousness, Yours alone. O God, from my youth You have taught me, and I still proclaim Your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim Your might to another generation, Your power to all those to come."

I just want to encourage you and remind you that God will show you how he wants you to serve. A day at a time. I think you're going to have fun times, and confusing times, but that's the same as at home, so not to worry! I Love you! Sending hugs and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Stay strong my SISTA! Love you HUGE and miss you too! I am excited for you. God will bless you even during the struggles. When we are at our weakest, God is at His strongest and carries us in His loving arms! NIIIIIIINE! Barb