Monday, July 17, 2006

finally!

Well, lets see. I remember thinking about something I really wanted
to say, but now I can't remember. But, I guess that's alright.

I did want to announce my first official like ministry thing! There
is a family that works with Campus Crusade for Christ here in Georgia,
and they are doing a "summer project" (it's like a retreat). And they
asked me to lead worship for them! The camp will be done in English
but there will be students from Ukraine and Georgia and one from
Turkey there. I'm really excited to serve and I'm excited to learn
from it all, but I am a little nervous. But, I'm sure it will go
great! So, I will be gone for 6 days, just so you all know.

Oh! In just like 2 or 3 days, I will have been in Georgia for 1
month. I know it's not really that much, but it seems like a lot for
how quickly it's gone by, you know? I hardly feel like I've been here
two weeks, much less a month. But I'm sure that it hasn't always felt
like it was going by quickly, but I'm glad it feels like that now. If
that makes sense.

Okay, I guess I'll be back in like a week or so.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on your activities. You will be such a wonderful blessing for all of you guys worshiping together. That seems such a fitting and fun job for you. I think we are getting our tickets today, and will find out tonight (in 3 hours) if we have them. I am getting so excited to see you and hug you!!!!
love, your sister in Jesus, melissa

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Jenni, and I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I was thinking of you the other day and wanted to ask if you ever have time to read with all the great things you're doing, because I'm reading a book I really want to send to you. It's written by a friend of Luke's dad, and it's called Looking For God in Harry Potter, and makes a pretty convincing argument that J.K. Rowling is writing quite faithfully in the tradition of Christian fiction. I thought you might enjoy reading it.