Saturday, July 01, 2006

georgia

Well, since I can't post using the actual website, I am trying this new email post thing.  So, I hope it works so that all of my work (typing) here is not in vain!
 
I'm sure most of you know, but I got here okay.  The airlines lost my luggage and I was without it for a litte more than 3 days.  But, I did get it back and everything was intact which was good.  Except the little bridge thing on my guitar, I don't really know what it's called--but there's this plastic part that goes under your strings, and it broke at the B string.  But, it still plays alright.
 
Umm, what else.  I've been to a few places.  Went to Gori just for a short time, but it was still interesting.  A week ago we went to Tbilisi Sea and went swimming (although it's a reservoir and not a sea, they still call it that).  Went out to dinner, walked on the Rustaveli.  I've been having a pretty good time just getting to know Tbilisi better and getting to know the Holts better.
 
But, emotionally I've been kind of up and down.  There will be days that I wake up and think, "yes, I can do this!  I can be a missionary, and I WANT to serve God!"  But then there are also days when I wake up and think, "oh, I wish I was back in America!  I don't think I could ever be a missionary!"  As frustrating (and exhausting) as it is, I think it's just part of adjusting to the culture, you know.
 
A friend emailed me just today and I was greatly encouraged! He reminded me that God CALLED me.  And that says so much!  It says that even if I don't think I can do it, God knows I can.  He brought me here and He knows my abilities and my weaknesses.  So, that was really good to hear.
 
The Holts found an apartment that is close to Vazi (the place where the DTS will be run for now, and the place I will be staying, hopefully sometime soon).  So, next week we will  be moving there and I am hoping to move into Vazi.
 
Another one of the DTS students came early, and we just met her today.  She actually is Georgian and she grew up here her entire life, but she moved to the states like 3 years ago, or something like that.  So, she decided to come back and she will be attending DTS.  She's really amazing, her testimony is just like...woah.  But, so intriguing. 
 
Anyway, I guess I'll quit for now.  I don't want to write like a million and a half words, and then have this not work!
 
Okay, that is all for now.  <3

--
"So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy."  Romans 9:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It worked!! Yeah! All that typing really didn't seem like too much to me. I look forward to each an every update no matter how long it is. I will email you soon. Praise the Lord for the new Apt for the Holt's that it is near to where the DTS will be!
Love ya,

Susan