Friday, January 01, 2010

transitions

Sometimes I feel that my brain is too small to fit and comprehend all of my experiences.

I'm looking at pictures of my time in Holland and it's difficult for me to comprehend that I was there. I'm not going crazy or anything, but I'm just switching back and forth from so many different "lives" and I'm just one Jenni. Eh.

I just now unpacked my suitcase from Holland. I took all the things that were left and dumped them on the floor. The suitcase is empty. The floor is semi-full. And now I begin the process of organizing.. BUT, I cannot settle. I can't just unpack everything and make my room mine. Because we have to move to an unknown apartment by the 15th of this month. So I'm unpacking to pack? Or maybe unpacking is not the right term. Maybe just rearranging my luggage. Ha!

How do I feel about all of this? I really don't know.

I just got a phone call from one of my street grandmas! It was so sweet! Oh Lord. There are so many people to love. I feel so small, but I want to do so much. Sometimes it's really overwhelming. My life feels too big for me. But is that even possible?

Well, another year gone by. It's funny though how December 31st and January 1st feel the same. I cynically am wondering how this new year is really new... maybe I'm just put-off by all the hype. I mean, technically every day is a new day too. It's a cycle cycling. A year is another cycle that continues too. So maybe we should start celebrating "happy new day"! People seem to get really positive, motivated, reflective & thoughtful, re-focused and maybe even humbled around New Years. Imagine if we celebrated every new day. Maybe we'd be happier. Maybe our resolutions would be more tangible. Instead of "I want to be nice to every person I meet this whole year"...we could have "I want to be nice to every person I meet today"... that sounds much more attainable. Breaking things into smaller pieces. Step by step. Hmm. I'm beginning to feel thoughtful and reflective myself.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

big change takes small steps. Good thoughts, thanks for sharing :)