Saturday, October 13, 2007

nose drops and nostalgia

One year and one day ago, I posted this poem that I wrote, here on my blog. I was in Georgia, in the middle of DTS lecture phase. And here I am in Georgia now, but in a different situation and capacity. But you know, I still relate to this (and probably always will).

Lord, there are so many times when I disobey
And then can't see past my feelings at all
Feelings of frustration, disappointment and sometimes even hate
Caused by my amazing ability to fall

But Jesus I know this is why you came
To rise above all the confusion and pain
It's like Paul says in your book, 'Of all the sinners, I am the worst'
And through this example you have displayed

MORE THAN I COULD HOPE FOR

I see your unlimited patience for those who would be saved
And I pray Lord Jesus, that for me you'd do the same
I know I don't deserve it, but oh Lord I pray
That for me you'd do the same

Tonight I went to a Bible Study with the Campus Crusade people here, the one I attended when I was here before. It was really good to see people that I knew! It was good.

I'm a little sick now (cold-ish stuff) and that's not always very much fun, but hopefully I'll get over it soon. I just bought some nose drops or something, like decongestant for my nose. I had to actually like put drops in my nose, not just nose spray. It was very interesting. But I think it will work (I hope it does, I hate sleeping with my mouth open to breathe, you know?) :-)

On Monday we're (the YWAM staff) going to a village near Batumi (it's the city on the Black Sea, I've been there a few times) for a staff retreat! We'll be there until Wednesday, and I think it will be really good!! But if you're reading this and you like to pray, please pray for us! That we will really be in God's presence and be renewed and cleaned and led by Him!

I'm now sharing a room with Ira, and Diana will move in next week. It's a small space, but I really love these girls...so it's really okay. This past week Ira and I have been spending a lot of time together, and it's been really good for our friendship! (Just so you know: Ira and Diana were my roommates in DTS, and they're on staff too now).

Ira, Diana and I

Okay, I am very tired. I hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

three lovely ladies!!!I just tuned in,Jenni and got caught up.I love your blog and all the interesting cultural sharing and the creative video.It's soo refreshing and a great "connector"
It's midnight here or later-time to turn in and to church tomorrow.
Good to keep up with you

Lots of love,

Susan A