Thursday, June 15, 2006

pre-trip commentary #9

Today I took one of my Indonesian friends, Vemi, to the airport to pick up her parents. It was so like exciting to be there, knowing that I leave so soon. It was also good because I got to see where I'm going to check in (so I like know and stuff) and I was able to ask a few questions that I had. Time is seriously flying by.

I've been like 'practice packing', and today I actually got almost everything in there. It was pretty amazing, but like I said, ALMOST. But, the Pidgeons are going to give me some of those suction bag things, at least I think so. I have some, but as soon as I squeeze the air out of them, it miraculously (or annoyingly) starts to come back into the back. I have like 2 that actually work.

I feel sort of ridiculous. I ordered these shoes that were pretty (like, really) expensive for my trip. They're black and they're supposed to be like really good for your feet. But, I had this idea that they'd be like the perfect shoes and they're so not. I mean, I really like them, but they're the clog-type ones (which is good since I have to take my shoes off everywhere I go in Georgia) but they're kind of slippery (like don't stay on my feet super well) and they feel a little too big, not too much, but just enough that I can tell. I probably could have used a half-size smaller, but they don't/didn't have it. I'm not meaning to complain, but I think it's almost humorous, this situation. I wanted these shoes so bad, and I think subconciously I thought that life just would not keep on going if I didn't get them. And God knew that, so I think He (out of humor probably, and to show me something) helped me to see that they're definetely not perfect. Maybe as a reminder that the things of the world really won't satisfy like we want them too. There will always be something wrong or we'll always want something 'better'. It's sad that I had to spend so much money to learn the lesson (or at least begin to learn), but oh well. I mean, even though they're not perfect at least I have some good shoes. I just pray that God will make them still work and be okay for me!

Anyway, enough about shoes.

1 comment:

iCa said...

are these the shoes u were telling me yesterday?? woaa..but u're still gonna use it aren't u?