Sunday, May 17, 2009

everything is possible for those who believe

We are leaving for outreach in a week and I'm thinking like, "This is impossible"...

One small Muslim village. Nine incredibly unique people. Six weeks.

But I believe that in Christ all those things that seem impossible, or that literally are in our physical world, are transformed to POSSIBLE.

So that's the promise I'm trying to feed off of now.

I've been listening to a lot of Bill Johnson's teachings, and it's really interesting. So much to take in and apply. And I'm excited about it. A little overwhelmed, but excited nonetheless.

The weather in Tbilisi has changed from Winter to HOT. And as much as I despise the death-like feeling of sitting in a crowded, stuffy marshutka on the sunny side with the plastic bags I'm holding sticking to my skin-- there's always the metro. Underground= cool (as in cold).

And a little side note to report my integration, or pursuit to become a pseudo-Georgian: I bought milk from the village lady and boiled it properly, then dispersed it into glass jars for later consumption. A small feat, but with outstanding rewards. Even Marina was surprised (she's usually the one who does it). :-)

1 comment:

Raul said...

MMmmm... Boiled milk.
I'm assuming this is because it isn't hydrogenated like I would be accustomed to.

Good for you though! It's like you're a mini Louis Pasteur!