Tuesday, September 09, 2008

parentheses

I'm doing a quick internet run this morning (I still don't have internet at my house, so I have to find other means) before we are off to the Gori-area for 3 days to spend time helping people who were affected by the war!

Here's a video of a new song...not a music video (although I guess it is a music video)...but just the recording I did right after I wrote it, so that I wouldn't forget how it went (and actually I "wrote" some of it while I was recording too)!



These are the lyrics (how they should be, not necessarily exactly how I sing them in the video):

let this be the start, of an outpouring from my heart
that is endless
flowing into words, flying out my mouth
accompanied by music

I never knew if I was a poet
but now I see there is no other way

if I want a song that's beautiful and meaningful
then that's what I need to be
Lord free me from my fear of what people will think
and how they'll critique

bring me to the place the beautiful meadow
where creativity is birthed and grown

I really need to learn how to write without using parentheses (although they are so helpful at times). They really make things visually obscure. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I loved it! I miss hearing you sing!

-Rachel

Anastácio Soberbo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.