Saturday, June 28, 2008

housewives and cupcakes

I'm not really sure how it happened, but I've become a housewife and I don't even have a husband.
Irma

Well, I know how it happened, I believe God brought me to this place.

But I mean seriously, since Marina started to live with me, I have 2 kids and a house to take care of (but not on my own), and I do things like make pizza and cupcakes and give children baths and read books about raising kids and stuff like that. It's really strange, I like it, but when I really think about it, it's a little crazy. And also, basically all day I'm talking in Georgian because Marina doesn't really know English, and it's crazy because I don't even like really know Georgian that well, but I think for the most part we understand each other.

David

I really like the fact that I have my "own" house though, and I can have my things out like my colorful Turkish coffee cups without having to worry that another guest or someone will use it/break it/think it belongs to the hotel or something (because before I was staying at the "Vazi" which is sort of a "hotel" for Christians and missionaries, and is also where we hold our DTS, but there were people frequently coming in and out). But the bittersweet thing is that though I have my "own" house for now, in just like 2 months the owners are coming back from America, and I'm off to another place, that is still to be determined.

But I'm learning to enjoy each day as I have it. Because at least for now I'm living in a way cool old Georgian house with grape vines and pomegranate trees in the yard with a great view of Tbilisi. And I'm learning a lot about life. So I am grateful.

Marina & I

NOTE: For those of you who don't know, Marina was one of our DTS students and was on my outreach team. She's a new Christian (formerly Muslim) who's husband was beating her and is now in jail. She has 2 kids, Irma-3 years, David-8 months and she's going to join us on staff here with YWAM Tbilisi.

1 comment:

Clayritter said...

wow - the DTS is over - again. seems like we were just there. very cook that you had a place to stay while you pray about what to do next. God has something for you Jenny - He will reveal it.

PC