Wednesday, May 28, 2008

fireflies, mushmala and war

I saw fireflies for the first time in my life last night. I'd always seen/heard about them in movies and have always dreamed to see them.. and when I finally did, I was like bursting with excitement. Really.

Also I've eaten mushmala for the first time in my life. That's the Georgian name, I have no idea how to say it in English, but it's a super tropical looking tree with super tasty fruit. I don't know, it's sort of like a mix between an apricot and an orange, with 4 odd looking seeds inside.

Also, I'm at war right now, really. Inside myself. Battling all these things- wrong ideas & beliefs- that have been bred by my past. Like that I'm unloveable, that my friends will eventually get tired of me and leave, that people say that they like me but they don't really mean it.. and also my wrong behaviors that come out of trying to quench the need that's left or to ease the pain that comes from believing and thinking these things. I want to change. Today I was standing on our balcony (at our host home in Gonio that's like a 10 minute walk from the Black Sea), and the sun was setting over the sea. On one side it was dark and gray, on the other- where the sun was setting- it was sort of "messy" but incredibly beautiful. Bright orange and yellow light, whitish clouds, some still dark ones.. and I said to my friend who was with me: "That looks exciting", and I feel that it's a picture of what's happening with me.

I feel like I'm living in a rainforest, literally. Ok, vsio.

No comments: