Friday, June 08, 2007

some birthday pictures

I got TWO birthday cakes. It was pretty special.

Lynn and Don got me some pretty amazing rubber boots. I was really excited. Now when I go to the village, I'm going to look REALLY American, but at least I'll be fashionable. Hey, maybe I'll start a trend or something.

Sue bought me an iPod, and I was really happy. Like a month ago, when I was home visiting my parents, and my mom said that she was thinking about giving me her iPod, but on the condition that I wouldn't give it away. But I told her that if God told me to give it away, I would have to. So, she decided not to give it to me. And I was okay, but I remember later that day or that week, I was praying and I was like, "God, I really want an iPod." So, in the meantime, Sue had been praying about what to get me for my birthday, and she said that God told her to get me an iPod. And she was like, ok. So, at my birthday BBQ, I open Sue's present, and then I just start to cry. Because I see that God cares about every aspect of our lives, even the things that don't seem very "spiritual" like iPods. And it was pretty amazing.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you Jenni :)

Anonymous said...

Hi jenni it`s Ninchushka from school of tomorrow...did you remember me?i want to say that my schoool is over ...it ended last friday....and that i miss you very much and HOpe you will read this coment and i`m waiting you at Skype(do you remember you gave me your ID.........)OK bey hope see you later :)

Anonymous said...

o ehhhhhhhh and HAPpy Birthsday :)))))

Te said...

Happy birthday!God bless you! tomorrow is mine by the way ;)

Paul H Howells said...

a belated Happy Birthday to you!

Paul

Te said...

hi :) my name is tia(tekla is my baptize-name)..i found your blog on blogger and liked it very much.so i'm just your internet-admirer :)

Te said...

it's nice to meet you too :)
I live in Tbilisi
It's awesome that you're learning Georgian.As for me i am very fond of English, but i'm not satisfied by my knowledge_i'll have to practice a lot..
Hope to see you in tbilisi soon..i'll be glad :)