Tuesday, June 19, 2007

check it out

I think I've been procrastinating writing anything here because there has just been so much going on inside of me. Like, my thoughts have been so jumbled, that anything I would have written would've sounded like nonsense.

But things are clearing up a little now.

Lets see. I'm in Ephrata now visiting my parents, and it's been good. It's hard sometimes, because I want to crawl back into my "old wineskin" that I've left here (the "old Jenni"...insecure, undisciplined, proud...you get the picture!). But praise God that His mercies are new every morning. You know though, I find myself even struggling to accept His grace in that. It's not that I think I can earn it, I just feel like I should. It feels like too great a gift. And it frustrates me a little, but at the same time I am incredibly grateful, because I know that I could never earn it.

So, I'm learning a lot. And learning isn't easy. But it is rewarding.

+++++++++

Being a missionary is so overwhelming. But I love it, even though I'm still new at it.


No comments: