Saturday, February 24, 2007

what's goin' on...

Tonight I'm going over to Mark & Carole's (they're one of the Campus Crusade missionary families here in Tbilisi) to watch Lord of the Rings : Two Towers, and I guess you could say I'm pretty excited. :-) It should be fun. They said that maybe they would call it the "J-Party" because Jenni, Julie, Joel, (Jake and John are 2 of their kids) are going to be there. Hey hey!

Last night we had Bible study for some university students, and it was pretty cool. We sang worship songs in Georgian, and talked a lot about life and stuff. At one point, it got a little crazy though: some of the students started a little side discussion in Georgian about whether or not everything we're going to do is written in a book by God or something like that. But I know that God was there, regardless of the other little distractions and stuff. I just really see how focusing on all of the little details that really are not essential to a new relationship with Jesus, can totally cause you to miss the point and make you discouraged, so it's something to try to watch out for. So, Mark (he was leading) just tried to refocus back to talking about the fact that God really did create us with a purpose, and that He has the answers we're looking for about why we're alive. It was good.

And tomorrow I'm going on a hike with a university student (who knows really good English because she's attending some American-ish university in Tbilisi or something), and then I'm helping lead worship at the international church. And then my friend Megan and I (she's a missionary here too, but with a different organization) are going to do something fun. So, tomorrow should be a good day too.

:-)

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Jenni! Hello! I'm so glad everything's going well for you. I wanted to warn you, though, about those little details that can distract you, as you say... You see, for me, it was often those little interesting details that really brought me closer to God - pondering the vast complexities of the work and the Word of God made me more interested, sometimes, in learning about the "more important" things. I guess I just want to encourage you not to try to stomp out anyone's questions that might be valid; or even if they're not, use the "there are no stupid questions" rule or something. Because all our questions can lead us closer to God if answered in the right way. And you're right, God does have the answers. And he very much yearns to show them to us. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Stop gloating about your exciting life...