Friday, August 15, 2008

sitting

Today I went into one store to buy something to eat (I walked a lot and was hungry), so I bought these 2 little sausage things. But on the steps of the store was a little old woman begging for money, and I realized that I couldn't just walk past her eating my sausages. So I offered her one and sat down with her and ate. She told me a bit about her life. Her husband died like 14 years ago, her kids & grandkids died too (if I understood correctly), and she sits on this step everyday begging for money. She also lives far away, so she has to take the metro and then a marshutka (van) to get there. It was really, sweet is not the right word, but just really memorable: sitting on the steps to a Nicora store eating a tiny sausage with an old beggar woman. But I'm thinking now, is there something more I could've done?

So I guess there's still this war in Georgia. I mean, not officially, but Russia is still here, and it's starting to get annoying. I read a headline just now that said, "US demands Russian troops to leave Georgia". So we'll see where that goes...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenni,
Hi sweet girl.You have certainly been in my thoughts and prayers more intensively as of late.How blessed I/we are to have received news of you even early on from your letter through Laura Rimkus(trying to recall her exact name).There was great relief in that.I keep hearing you singing the song"Blessed be the Lord" as I did when I first almost met you and then recall again how we did first meet.That little study on Discipleship is certainly being lived out and I do glow inside over your response--- to stay, for one-- and your obviously listening to Him in the midst of such trial.

May He keep protecting you,give you His supernatural comfort(which He is doing,I know),abiding peace and all these opportunities to let others see His glory(word means correct estimation).God gave you a chance here to share your sausage with the poor little lady so she could literally experience God's great love!!!I can almost hear angels rejoicing over that-and see His smile.
Know you are held very close in prayer here and there-Keep going with Him and shining His light as you do.
Love to you
Susan A.

Anonymous said...

Thats such a sweet story!

Love,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Jenni,

We are very glad to hear you are doing well!!! There has been alot of talk about you here at CHCC. May the Lord protect you and keep you. We love you!!!

Christine Reber and family and also
Nicole Williams and family

Anonymous said...

Jenni, if the woman comes there every day is there a chance you could go back and meet her again? I would ask her if she knows Jesus.