Tuesday, March 20, 2007

thirty...kutaisi...self-control

So, like 30 days until I come back to the States...dun dun dun!

I just realized that today...it's crazy how quickly time goes. Seriously.

So, I did get my room packed up and I've been staying with my friend Megan, which has been incredibly cool. And tomorrow morning I'm leaving for Kutaisi. I found out more about it. Basically we're going there to work with a church and to get people excited about telling others about Jesus! So, that should be fun. And I think we are staying in homes with families and stuff, and that's always really super cool. I heard that Kutaisians are really hospitable.

Something that I need/want to learn now and especially before I go to the States is SELF-CONTROL. Don't worry, I'm not like stealing or binge drinking or anything.

Wow, I feel really vulnerable now that I've said that. I guess that's a good thing though--brings humility.

1 comment:

ZachT said...

Holy shmokeys do I know what you mean. Self control is never something that gets easy. I'm still learning it in many areas, probably all areas of life even if i dont know what that area is yet. The big one right now deals with my health and lifestyle. I've been watching the things I eat and trying to excersise every night for at least 20 mins. But to say that its an easy thing is would be a lie. I'm also learning to filter my words and thoughts. Two things which are extremely challenging. Things I used to say that I may not have thought much about I now feel conviction for.
Anywho, now that I'm done blabbing. I am SO excited to see you!!! Really press in these last 30 days!!! I feel that God has got something incredible to show you. I love ya Jenni!!!!
-Zach