Monday, August 14, 2006

like totally

SO here is an outline of what has been / is happening:

+ I leave for Ukraine on Wednesday (the 16th), and I'm actually really excited. I get to hang out with Keti in Kiev (she lived there for 13 years) and go to a YWAM conference, and get another stamp in my passport, which is really rather thrilling.

+ I continue to become more adjusted to life here in Tbilisi, and also life basically living alone. My most recent accomplishments include: riding the marshutka alone, buying ground meat from the market, and cooking a decently healthy and fairly tasty dinner.

+ DTS starts on *EDIT: SEPTEMBER 4th! (I had written the wrong date before)*, and now we have an estimated total of 6 students. It sounds small I know, but it's more than I was expecting! And I think that we will potentially get more (and hopefully we will). We definitely want the students, even I do, although I know that it will be a stretch for me to have that many people in this not too large (but beautiful and wonderful) place. Oh, and here are some pictures of my room. When DTS starts we'll probably have 2 or 3 + girls in here.






+ As far as serving goes, I've been helping with praise & worship at the International Fellowship, and last Sunday I was the worship leader. It's not too big of a church, especially during this time of year because I guess a lot of families go back to the States or go on trips elsewhere and stuff. But it's a good place, and I'm blessed to be able to go to a service in English and also to be around other Americans! I love the Georgians, but it is nice to be able to spend time with some Americans too, especially missionaries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, I forgot about this..... or more like forgot to check it and forgot the url when I did remember. anyway, hope you have a good little trip to ukraine.

Anonymous said...

Jenni! Hi, I got back from camping with ONE this weekend...lots of watersports, sun, and eating... emphasis on the eating. As always, I love reading about what's going on with you in Georgia! It sounds like you're becoming even more independent & adventurous! Pray for me as I start med school on Sept. 5th- that God will help me meet supportive Christian classmates right away! Love- Micahlyn