Tuesday, May 09, 2006

pre-trip commentary #4

So, I am totally amazed.

I sent out my support letters around like April 7th-ish, and in one month God has brought me over $3000. AND TODAY, I got a phone call from an old friend (like a grownup friend) who said she just sold her house, so she's sending me $1000 next week. WHICH MEANS--I basically only need to raise about $700-$900 more in order to reach my desired goal (which is $5000).

Sorry for all the numbers, but I'm just trying to show you how completely amazing it is. COMPLETELY AMAZING.

But I really want to have a pure and grateful heart about this. Pure meaning I am not just looking for money, but that I'm looking for a means to go and serve Christ with my whole heart. Grateful meaning that every check that I receive, or that is given in my name, knocks me to my knees with praise and thanks to God, who is the cause of all of this: the money, the situation--coming my way.
So, I am absolutely amazed.

"Praise be to the LORD GOD, the GOD of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds. Praise be to HIS glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with HIS glory. Amen and Amen." Psalm 72:18-19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I saw your entries. God is amazing, yes He is...You know emily? today I saw her, again in the library. At first, I didn't wanna call her cause I know she's gonna be so noisy like she was always before, but my heart wouldn't let me do it. So, I called her. She asked me,"How are you" and then I said, "good" and then, I asked her back but then she started to show wanna-cry-look on her face. So, I quickly took her downstairs. She told me something about her moslems friends. She said that she was being not appreciated by them. Usually, i would call cipto to handle this, but I left my cellphone, so I couldn't, so I just prayed and God revealed to me this --> "Every Christian is meant to go through than kind of struggles. people may not appreciate you or accept you, they can persecute you and ignore you, but at least, you already tell them the truth, you already obey God's command to share His truth, so just pray and surrender it all to God. You know what, you have Jesus in your life, if you believe it, Jesus is the greates joy in your life. DOn't be upset coz you have Jesus in your life. They might persecute you but God will always help.." Look, I have no idea that time...God was so amazing...He's shown His power to me, that makes my faith grows even stronger in Him..Jennie, you should stay over at my apt again some time. there's a lot I need to tell you..i bet you too...hahah...ok see ya jenn--btw it's ica