Sunday, January 04, 2009

sweetness

My blog posts come like the waves of an ocean.

That was the first thing to come to my mind when I started to post just now.

Well, I'm down to 2 days until I return to Georgia! I'm getting excited (in the midst of the heart-hurtingness). Tonight I had a "Georgia" party with my friends who went on that first trip to Georgia with me and with some that went on the second trip, and their families. It was small and intimate, but being with those people just really reminds me of the miracles God has performed in my life to bring me where I am now. The things He overcame in me and helped me overcome. Being with them reminds me of that first-love feeling I had when I went to Georgia for the first time. I loved the little shops on the sidewalks. I loved (well, it was a love-hate relationship) the bumpy roads and the crazy driving. I loved the people and the hospitality. I loved the culture and the age and depth of tradition. I was totally love-struck. And it feels really good to remember all that.

To remember my little room that I shared with Hannah in a house full of Georgian women. Where I took my first "shower" without a bathtub or a shower, and where we flushed the toliet with a bucket of water. Where they cooked over a burner that was attached to the top of a small propane bottle. Where I used to sit and sing songs and try to learn Georgian and communicate with Bela and her sisters.

It was such a sweet time. I feel that I was so small and totally oblivious to many things. But it was so sweet.

No comments: