Thursday, April 27, 2006

pre-trip commentary #1

So, I leave in like 55 days. Woah. I wish I had a lot of pre-trip things to write here, but I don't really! I think it's because I think about it all so much that I just can't put it into words...if that makes sense. I guess I can write a little bit.

God just keeps proving to me over and over and over again that He wants me to go on this. At least I think that's what it is all about. I mean, for example:

Yesterday morning, I was praying. And I really wanted to ask God if I could just maybe please get a support letter back (financial support!) that day. Just for confirmation and encouragement and such, because I hadn't gotten one for a few days. But, then I felt like that's just not something that I can ask God. "Oh please send me money." But then, He brought the verse from Matthew to mind which says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." (7:7-8) After I thought about that, I just had a peace with asking. A peace that it would be okay, and that I can ask something like that. Especially since it wasn't out of greed or anything, it was just more for confirmation and encouragement, like I said. So anyway, the day goes by and mail-time comes. I got a check, and it was for $300! It just blew me away that God knew a few days ago that I would ask that question, and so He prompted a certain person at a certain time so that my "request" (I guess that's what you'd call it) could be fulfilled. God is so good, and such an amazing planner.

There still are some struggles too, but at the same time I think I'm really learning what it means to really trust Him. I just hope that it is information that I retain!